You can earn a commission in the Georgia Army National Guard through various programs: Officer Candidate School (OCS), Reserve Officer Training Corps (ROTC), as well as direct appointments for specialists from selected legal, medical, ministerial, and technical fields. Once you earn your commission, you'll become a leader in the world's most powerful Army. OCS, ROTC, and Direct Commission are the programs that help Soldiers reach that goal. See which one makes the most sense for you.
A physically and mentally challenging course designed to transform first-time Soldiers or those with prior military experience into strong, effective leaders.
Guard Soldiers who join ROTC can earn their commission as they earn their degree while in the Guard's Simultaneous Membership Program (SMP).
Your interest or experience in healthcare, law or ministry can accelerate your career in the National Guard. Start your career as a Specialty officer.
AGE - Must not exceed 41 years and 364 days at time of graduation/commissioning (No waivers authorized)
CITIZENSHIP - Possess or attain United States citizenship prior to appointment
EDUCATION - A minimum of 90 college semester hours toward an accredited degree
LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION - MUST have a LOR from their CO CDR PRIOR to reporting
MEDICAL - Pass Chapter 2 Commissioning Physical IAW AR 40-501
PHYSICAL FITNESS - Pass Army Physical Fitness Test and meet Body Fat standards
PRIOR TRAINING - Possess a DD 214 indicating successful completion of AIT
SECURITY CLEARANCE - Possess a Secret clearance or interim clearance
TEST SCORES - Achieve a GT score of 110
CPT Andrew Silva (OIC)
Phone: (678) 569-5659
SFC Ron Tuttle (NCOIC)
Phone: (678) 350-3528
- LONGEST COMMISSIONING PROCESS, HIGH GRADUATION RATE, MORE HANDS ON
- IDT PAY AS E5
- 14-18 MONTHS AT 3 LOCATIONS
- PHASE 0 – CANDIDATES ACCEPTED BY TRAD OCS JANUARY-MAY OF EACH YEAR
- PHASE I – TRAINING BEGINS JUN OF EACH YEAR (2 WEEKS AT FT JACKSON, SC)
- PHASE II - TRAINING BEGINS JUL OF EACH YEAR (12 MONTHS AT CAMP CLAY, GA)
- PHASE III – TRAINING BEGINS JUN OF EACH YEAR (2 WEEKS FT MCCLELLAN, AL)
- FASTEST COMMISSIONING PROCESS, LOW GRADUATION RATE, HIGH STRESS
- ACTIVE DUTY PAY AS E5
- 2 MONTHS AT FT MCCLELLAN, AL
- “LEAST STRESSFUL” COMMISSIONING PROCESS, HIGH GRADUATION RATE
- ACTIVE DUTY PAY AS E5
- 3 MONTHS AT FT BENNING, GA