Brig. Gen. Konata A. Crumbly is the Director, Joint Staff - Georgia National Guard, Marietta, Georgia. His duties and responsibilities include managing programs and operations for the Georgia National Guard Joint Staff and supporting a force of 15,000 Soldiers, Airmen, and Civilians of the Georgia National Guard and
Georgia Department of Defense. He is responsible for the management of the joint staff's day-to-day operational functions as well as the strategic planning and support for regional and national emergencies. General Crumbly serves as the lead executive for direct reporting to The Adjutant General of Georgia, Georgia Emergency Management, and Homeland Security Agency State Operations Center. He serves on the Georgia Department of Defense Senior Leadership Team and
Strategic Planning Committees. He manages readiness of joint defense programs to include the Civil Support Team, Homeland Response Force, State Partnership Program, Counter Drug Task Force, and Defense Support to Civil Authorities. In addition, he is responsible for assisting The Adjutant General in coordinating the Department of Veterans Affairs, Facilities and Engineering and the Office of Administration.
General Crumbly graduated from the Reserve Officer Training Corps at Florida A & M University, Tallahassee, in April 1996. He attended Army Aviation Flight School at Fort Rucker, Alabama and earned his wings as a UH-60 A/L Blackhawk pilot. After completing his Army Aviation service commitment which included Operation Allied Force and the initial invasion of Iraq with the 3rd Infantry Division, General Crumbly joined the Georgia Air National Guard as an E-8C Joint Surveillance Target Attack Radar System (JSTARS) pilot in 2004.
General Crumbly is a command pilot with more than 3,500 flying hours to include over 1,300 combat hours. He has flown combat missions in support of Operations Iraqi Freedom and Enduring Freedom as well as missions in support of United States Africa Command. He is a qualified instructor/evaluator pilot, supervisor of flying, and has held a multitude of positions at the group and wing level during his 15 years with the Georgia Air National Guard. Prior to his current assignment, General Crumbly was the Director of Operations, Georgia Air National Guard.
1996 Bachelor of History and Geography, Florida A & M University, Tallahassee
2001 Army Military Intelligence Advance Course, Fort Huachuca, Ariz.
2001 Combined Arms and Services Staff School, Fort Leavenworth, Kan.
2009 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
2016 Air War College, by correspondence
1. June 1996 - August 1996, Tactical Officer, ROTC Advance Camp, Fort Bragg, N.C.
2. December 1996 - January 1998, Student, Army Aviation Flight Training, Fort Rucker, Ala.
3. February 1998 - March 2001, UH-60L Pilot, 12th Aviation Brigade, 5-158th Aviation Battalion Giebelstadt, Germany
4. March 2001 - April 2001, Military Intelligence Transition Course, Fort Huachuca, Ariz.
5. January 2002 - February 2002, Airborne School, Fort Benning, Ga.
6. March 2002 - August 2003, BN S-2, 2-3 Aviation Regt, 3rd Infantry Division, Hunter Army Airfield, Savannah, Ga.
7. August 2003 - May 2004, Asst. S-3, 2-3 Aviation Regt, 3rd Infantry Division, HAAF, Savannah, Ga.
8. August 2004 - June 2005, Executive Officer, 116th Air Control Wing, Robins Air Force Base, Ga.
9. June 2005 - May 2006, Student Pilot, USAF Fixed Wing Qualification Course, Vance AFB, Okla.
10. July 2006 - August 2006, USAF Survival School, Fairchild AFB, Wash.
11. August 2006 - February 2007, Student Pilot, 330th Combat Training Squadron, Robins AFB, Ga.
12. March 2007 - August 2008, Chief of Intelligence Surveillance and Reconnaissance, 12th Airborne Command and Control Squadron, Robins AFB, Ga.
13. August 2008 - January 2010, Assistant Flight Commander, 128th ACCS, Robins AFB, Ga.
14. January 2010 - January 2011, Flight Commander, 128th ACCS, Robins AFB, Ga.
15. January 2011 - July 2013, Chief of Safety, 116 ACW, Robins AFB, Ga.
16. February 2013 - April 2013, Commander, 12th Expeditionary Airborne Command and Control Squadron, Moron AFB, Spain
17. July 2013 - April 2015, Chief of Standardization and Evaluation, 116th Operations Group, Robins AFB, Ga.
18. April 2015 - December 2016, Commander, 128th ACCS, Robins AFB, Ga.
19. December 2016 - August 2017, Director of Staff, Headquarters Georgia Air National Guard, Clay National Guard Center, Marietta, Ga.
20. August 2017 - August 2018, Commander, 116 OG, Robins AFB, Ga.
21. August 2018 - January 2020, Commander, 116 ACW, Robins AFB, Ga.
22. January 2020 - September 2020, Director of Operations, Headquarters Georgia Air National Guard, CNGC, Marietta, Ga.
23. October 2020 - Present, September 2020-Present, Director, Joint Staff, Georgia Joint Force Headquarters, CNGC, Marietta, Ga.
Rating: Command Pilot
Flight hours: More than 3,500
Aircraft flown: TH-67, OH-58 A/C, UH-60 A/L, T-37B, T-1, and E-8C
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit
Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal
Army Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Army Achievement Medal with oak leaf cluster
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant June 13, 1996
First Lieutenant April 19, 1998
Captain May 1, 2000
Major Sept. 1, 2006
Lieutenant Colonel April 14, 2011
Colonel Feb. 2, 2017
Brigadier General Oct. 29, 2020