Education Services

Educational Benefits

SCL pays up to 100% of the undergraduate tuition rate, for up to semester 120 hours at any Georgia public college or university, but you can apply that money to any degree at that school (Certificate, Diploma, Associate’s, Bachelor’s, First Professional, Master’s, or Doctorate), regardless of prior degrees. (A short list of eligible private schools also participate, with funding limits.)

2 years of service in good standing with the Georgia National Guard cancels the loan; no cost to you. All Georgia Guardsmen can apply (Army/Air, M-Day/DSG, officer/enlisted, AGR/Tech).

You may have to submit a FAFSA (you do not have to use the funds) and apply Army TA (if eligible) and Chapter 33 (Post-9/11 GI Bill®) (unless you transferred it).

Must maintain good grades and turn in a Verification of Status form every year, or SCL will convert to a regular student loan.

More info: Here

This basic GI Bill® pays up to $375/month directly to you, not to the school. ARNG Kicker incentive also available, adds up to an additional $200-$350/month. (Rates for full-time student.)

Can combine with SCL, but not with Army TA.

Can also be used for: certificate programs, co-op tng., tech./vocational courses, flight tng., apprenticeship/OJT, high-tech tng., license/certification tests, entrepreneurship tng., entrance exams, correspondence courses.

Requires 6-year enlistment, extension, or officer service agreement.

Upon confirmation of eligibility, the GI Bill Manager will produce a Notice of Basic Eligibility (NOBE) and place it in iPERMS.

More info: Here

Pays up to $250/semester hour, for tuition only, towards one Bachelor’s and one Master’s degree. Max 16 hours/year. Max 130 hours toward Bachelor’s degree, 39 hours toward Master’s degree.

Can combine with SCL, but not with Chapter 1606 (MGIB-SR) of the GI Bill®.

As of 5 August 2018:
- You can use Army TA immediately after completion of initial entry training (BCT+AIT, or OSUT, or WOBC, or BOLC).
- If you used Army TA for undergraduate degree, you must complete ALC, or WOAC, or CCC to use TA for Master’s degree.

Must maintain good grades, or funds will be recouped.

Your TA request must be approved by the TA Manager before classes start. This is not a simple or one-day process. (Window opens 60 days before classes start.)

More info: Here

- Finding a school Here

- Finding online Georgia programs Here

- eCore Here

- eMajor Here

- Degree completion Here

- Finding available benefits Here

- Student loan debt forgiveness Here

- Updating HR systems to show your completed degree

- Updating HR systems to show your completed degree

For Army testing services, visit Here

Have you deployed? You may be eligible for:

- Chapter 33 (Post-9/11 GI Bill®), incl. transferring to dependents (TEB)

- Georgia HERO Scholarship (up to $2,000/year)

Who to contact

For questions related to Educational Benefits please contact the GAARNG G-1 Education Office

CPT Paul Dietzel, Educational Service Officer, 678-569-5307

Mr. Thomas Bolin, TA/CA Representative, 678-569-5067

Mr. Todd Brinkley, GI BILL Representative, 678-569-5311